"you have accessed this page in error"

pj123 13:48 15 Nov 2004

Why can't I log in to "My Postings" when I first log in to the Forum? I always get the above error. The only way I can do it is to log in to the "Helproom forum" first and then scroll all the way down to the bottom and select My Postings from there.

I haven't posted this before because I didn't class it as important but it now occurs to me that I should be able to pick whatever forum I would like to visit first without all this hassle?

Terry Brown 14:36 15 Nov 2004

Are you sure you have the correct user name and password to accesss what are in effect your personal files.

Graham ® 14:48 15 Nov 2004

Hi Peter, I can go straight to My Postings.

I occasionally get that message at various times, but hit the back button and the second try works.

pj123 14:48 15 Nov 2004

Yep, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get into the PCA Forum anyway?

pj123 14:55 15 Nov 2004

Graham ®, Hi Graham, I don't get it occasionally but every time. I like to check My Postings first before anything else I do on the Forum in case some of them need to be ticked as resolved.

Graham ® 14:57 15 Nov 2004

Souds like a job for FE, Peter.

§ 15:22 15 Nov 2004

pj123 when in "you have accessed this page in error" does clicking the 'refresh' button take you there?

pj123 15:24 15 Nov 2004

Could be Graham. I have just logged out and logged back in again and get the same thing if I try to access "View your postings" before anything else. If I log out and and log in again and then go to "Helproom forum" first there is no problem, but, as I said I have to scroll down all the way and then click on My Postings.

pj123 15:29 15 Nov 2004

§, haven't tried that but will give it a go, but that isn't the point. Once I have logged in I should be able to get to any of the Forum's I want to access first, whether it be Helproom, Consumerwatch, Speakers Corner, Webdesign or whatever, shouldn't it????

pj123 15:30 15 Nov 2004

Mind you, having said that I can access all of those first. The only one I can't access first is "View your postings"

woodchip 15:36 15 Nov 2004

You should have got used to it by now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?