yet another network problem

exhumed 14:05 15 Apr 2005

OK I'm having a problem with my primary PC connecting to my second.On the network connections page I have,LAN or high speed INTERNET naming the card and saying limited or no connectivity,on going to the details there is no ip address or subnet mask.Also on the network etc page is virtual private network,the INTERNET (2)connecting,firewalled.WAN mini port(L2TP).This has an ip address of 192.168.0.1.I have tried the repair option,didn't' work,I have also tried ipconfig /renew,received this error message.An error occurred while renewing interface Local area connection:unable to contact your DHCP server.request is timed out.If it is of any help the second PC has an IP address 169.254.6.15 and subnet mask 255.255.0.0. Your help welcomed.

Yoda Knight 14:23 15 Apr 2005

"LAN or high speed INTERNET naming the card and saying limited or no connectivity". Give it an IP of 169.254.6.16 and subnet mask 255.255.0.0 and reboot. If still getting problem remove card, reboot, reseat card, reboot. Reload drivers.

exhumed 15:06 15 Apr 2005

sorry mate,how

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?