Hello again. This is Thierry Henri. It looks like i need to make a few things clear, so lets try again :
* My soundcard is physically installed on my computer
* The drivers are installed
* My speakers work, and theyre plugged into the green socket on my pc (not the soundcard itself. This has worked before and theres no reason why it shouldnt work again). Theres no way that i can plug them into my soundcard, nor do i want to. As i say, this has worked before.
* Theres no problem with the drivers or the soundcard.
* In the volume tab of S,S and Audio devices, the fader is greyed out, and the volume is down, so i cant adjust it.
That's because the on-board sound is disabled. Enable it and the greyed out fader will be activated.
If i read the previous thread correctly you have on-board sound and a Sound Processor. It is NOT a sound card. It takes the on-board sound and processes it further but without the on-board sound there is no sound at all.
Im going to enable the on board sound again, right now. However, my point was that i have been unable to get any sound whether its on or off. If it needs to be on, ill take your word for it, but ive been advised to turn it off by someone else, hence my complete confusion.
I hope it works, but ill be very surprised, because it didnt work before.