YELLOW MICROSOFT 365 ADVERT

Ventad 12:07 27 Oct 2011
Answered

I appear to be on a never ending circle with the Microsoft advert for 365, it has taken me two hours to log in as this advert seems to be fully taken over each and every time that I press a command on PCA. Just been able to get on now even though the advert came before each window, anybody else got this. cannot search for a previous thread incase I lose this window!!!!!

robin_x 12:11 27 Oct 2011

What browser are you using?

Also, right click your Tab for PCA and open a new or duplicate one for browsing while your PCA Tab remains 'safe'.

Ventad 12:23 27 Oct 2011

robinofloxley

that appeared to change it this time but I wonder how many people have had this and moved on not to come back, it was infuriating whilst it lasted

robin_x 12:27 27 Oct 2011

What browser though?

robin_x 12:50 27 Oct 2011

Interesting read. I haven't seen it because I have FF with AB+.

Ventad 15:06 27 Oct 2011

Sorry just got back,Useing IE9 on widows seven have not noticed it on my desktop but that is running vista and spyware blaster but having just read about spyblaster going to try that on this laptop. The Microsoft 365 advert only came on three times getting to this page. What are PCA management doing allowing such an advert taking over.

robin_x 15:18 27 Oct 2011

Additional help

2 hours seems unduly long for problems, even if the Ad is a pain. Maybe it coincided with the site problems.

In any event, having a second browser, eg Firefox or Chrome, is useful as well. You don't need to use it as a main browser if you are happy with IE.

Ventad 15:32 27 Oct 2011

robinofloxley, thanks for that . When I replied last on clicking post microsoft 365 took over again and brought the page to a stand still stopping everything I wonder if I sent the report to microsoft wether they would tell me it was an advert from themselves that did it LOL!

Ventad 20:17 27 Oct 2011
Answer

'Sorted' Spyware blaster stopped the problem. No more continually going around in circles with microsoft 365, no more page freezing surely they should have checked what their advert would do, or do they consider any advertisement how ever bad is good advertisement.

Ventad 15:19 28 Oct 2011

clock Download Spyblaster from filehippo. com that will sort the problem but make sure you click enable all protection. I never got the problem until I downloaded the 2007 office pack updates two days ago, I am sure that it was the updates to office started the continual cicuit of adverts.

amonra 17:01 28 Oct 2011

These intrusive ads are REALLY getting on my wick ! PCA must be well aware of the annoyance they are causing. How about it FE, how do we dump them ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Forza Horizon 4 review

This embroidered stop motion music video for They Might Be Giants is a monster spotter's dream

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment faire la mise à jour d’un Mac vers macOS Mojave ?