yahoo pop mail not working

pcman13 17:10 17 Dec 2016

after a prompt from yahoo to change my password I can not get pop mail to work I can login to there web site ok see the error message below I get.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

lotvic 17:21 17 Dec 2016

In the email client on your pc you will have to change the password to the new one - it will be still to using the old one when it tries to collect your pop yahoo email.

pcman13 17:35 17 Dec 2016

Hi lotvic I have already done that,and my emails are coming to my alternate email address now

pcman13 19:41 20 Dec 2016

I have contacted yahoo customer services but so far had no reply I an not getting the email to my alternate email address now i can still read them on line

compumac 21:16 20 Dec 2016

I have five e-mail accounts on Yahoo and have changed all five passwords subsequently find that if I send say, five e-mails from one of those accounts back to itself only two get through.

I spoke tonight with a Non UK speaking English person who advised that it was not just me but many others

compumac 21:25 20 Dec 2016

I now find that e-mails that were sent up to two hours earlier are appearing after ones that were sent in the last few minutes.

Jollyjohn 11:51 21 Dec 2016

Double check password by logging in to yahoo webmail page.

Save any important eMails.

Delete account and recreate it

jaritch 13:30 21 Dec 2016

I'm amazed that anyone is still using Yahoo email after recent revelations about account hacking.

Jollyjohn 12:02 22 Dec 2016

Log in to the Yahoo page and go to your account settings. There is an option"Allow less secure apps to sign in" Allow this and see if it cures the issue.

I have just updated my yahoo password and now it won't let Thunderbird check my eMails anymore, until I changed above.

pcman13 08:12 23 Dec 2016

found the answer just changed the password again so far pop mail is working ok thanks for your post's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch