XPC SN45: All-In-Wonder 9600pro/9700(pro)/9800SE?

rosewind 09:46 24 Oct 2003

I have decided to buy a Shuttle XPC SN 45 and build it myself, preferably with an ALL-In-Wonder graphics card since I want to use it to record TV programs on a DVD recorder. The XPC SN45 only have 2 slots for 1 AGP and 1 PCI card, so it would be nice if I wouldn't have to use both expansion slots for a graphics card and a TV-tuner card.

I am told that the Shuttle XPCs 200 watt power supply is insufficient for Radeon 9800 Pro graphics cards, and I have heard of compatibility problems between XPC Shuttle computers and Radeon 9700 (pro) cards. Finally, the biggest NVidea graphics cards , i.e. 5900 (ultra) are too big to fit in the XPC cabinet.

Which of the following ALL-In-Wonder cards will both fit in the XPC cabinet and work well with the Shuttle XPC SN45 computer?
PowerColour All-in-wonder 9600 Pro
PowerColour All-in-wonder 9700 Pro and 9700
Hercules All In Wonder 9800SE

Are there other graphics cards that I should consider? (I do not play video games, so perhaps buying a very powerful graphics card will be waste of my money.) I hope that someone may be able to help me make the right choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?