xp to windows 10 check test

terrym 21:46 11 Dec 2016

Is there a test / web link etc that I can run to check my PC will be able to run Windows 10? My PC has XP professional service pack 3 - system is 32 bit

Burn-it 23:46 11 Dec 2016

MS site. It will scan (ask for permission) your hardware and tell you. However that is only official support including the PC manufacturer. I have PCs running both Windows 7 and Windows 10 that "are not supported". The secret is to try it and look for the individual device drivers for your devices. Most PCs will run with the default MS drivers and it is only the better individual device drivers that are needed. For example Lenovo don't support Windows 7 on a T43P, but I can get each of the individual chip drivers from Intel etc.

lotvic 23:55 11 Dec 2016

You can check the list of System requirements as per the link on Microsoft webpage ClickHere you can d/load W10 and burn it to a dvd

Or if you can get hold of a legit W7 you can still upgrade for free from this microsoft page click here and click the box to say using assistive technologies (Ease of Access features on W10) details on PCAdvisors article pcaClickHere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch