XP System Restore won`t restore

[email protected] 11:28 16 Feb 2005

Been having printer trouble and tried all methods I knew to solve problem but no luck.As a last resort tried System Restore 5 days earlier but although it went through the normal restore process at the end it said `Unable to restore,no changes have been made.`Anyone any ideas how I can overcome this problem?Thank in advance.

mattyc_92 11:33 16 Feb 2005

This is because System Restore hasn't noticed a change in the Rigistry's Structure.... Personally, I don't use System Restore.... I have it active but use it as a last resort.... I try to keep a copy of my system on dvd or another partition at least one a week using Acronis True Image.... I used to use "Norton Goback", which is 10 times more powerful than system restore... BUt this slows your system down and takes up quite abit of space on your system...

I would try to uninstall the driver myself.... start->control pannel->add or remove programs and look for the driver.... If it isn't listed there, then go to start->prints and faxes and right-click the printer and select delete.... Restart the system and then re-install the printer....

mattyc_92 11:34 16 Feb 2005

Rigistry's = Registry's...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?