XP SP2 Modem Problem

CDL 17:03 19 Aug 2004

Just installed SP2. All ok apart from now windows cant find my modem ! I've tried everything (???) -2 other modems etc etc but nothing I do will find it. Drivers reinstall ok but still no modem apparent. 'Modem diagnostics 'unable to communicate with modem either.

Any ideas please - I'm lost !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:29 19 Aug 2004

What type of modem / connection usb /cable BB or dial up?

CDL 17:50 19 Aug 2004

Diamond Supra Express on a PCI slot with a dial up but I've tried two other modems that work on other machines ok (both updated with SP2). When I reistall the drivers from the CD ,the modem shows up in device manager an properties show it working correctly ! When i either 'query' the modem or try to dial up I get an error message to say Windows cant find it

CDL 17:50 19 Aug 2004

Diamond Supra Express on a PCI slot with a dial up but I've tried two other modems that work on other machines ok (both updated with SP2). When I reistall the drivers from the CD ,the modem shows up in device manager an properties show it working correctly ! When i either 'query' the modem or try to dial up I get an error message to say Windows cant find it

Stuartli 18:02 19 Aug 2004

I have a Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro - whenever I have moved up operating system wise it has needed the very latest driver available.

New owners of Diamond is Best Data Products and a link to modem drivers can be found here:

click here

Or try click here and follow the chipset links and manufacturers for drivers.

CDL 14:15 20 Aug 2004

Thanks for that info. Stuartli. I'm working on it now !

Trouble is; I've tried two other different modems - both of which work fine in other machines,after installing SP2 and I still have the same problem ! An other thing - 'Device [email protected] tells me "This device is working properly". I's as though its all ok etc but something is keeping it disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?