XP remembering e-mail add's..

[email protected] 17:56 10 Jul 2004

I recently typed an email address incorrectly when composing an email (resulting in a non delivery). Now when I compose I am prompted to choose from the correct or incorrect address. Is it possible to delete the incorrect address from the prompt and how is it done. Thanks.

[email protected] 18:29 10 Jul 2004

Thanks whybe but its the address in the dropdown "suggestion" box I want to delete. I have no addresses in my Address Book as it's my contribution to avoid all these mass mailing cretins should I ever be infected. There must be somewhere in XP where I can go to delete these "remembered" addresses. I agree it's frustrating.

[email protected] 18:44 10 Jul 2004

Thanks VoG™, perhaps it should but it doesn't !

[email protected] 19:06 10 Jul 2004

No, in Outlook. (sorry for the delay - I am in and out tending the barby)

[email protected] 19:15 10 Jul 2004

Correct with Outlook. Wait one while I check.

[email protected] 19:21 10 Jul 2004

Yippee - Bingo. The chops are burning, the sausages are carbonised, the second aperitif is working well and the problem is sorted.
Thanks VoG™, very happy to have your help - again!

[email protected] 19:26 10 Jul 2004

Well have one on me and I raise my glass of Bergerac to you and hope my teeth can cope with the hard bits. Cheers and thanks again.

[email protected] 14:35 14 Jul 2004

Tip to All. To delete an incorrect email address from the dropdown list, highlight with the Up/Down arrows and NOT the mouse - then hit delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?