xp pro suddenly stops

johnnyrocker 08:34 12 Dec 2003

three times last night my machine literall without any warning just froze with no functionality, looking at the application logs in management i appear to be having a progressively worse problem since mid nov with true vector engine in that the errors were every few days increasing to four last night and two this morning, any ideas folks?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 08:37 12 Dec 2003

yes if i press restart button eveerything runs ok again.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 08:51 12 Dec 2003

thanks for that, it would appear to be a zone alarm prob but i am not sure if that is what is causing the 'hanging' i did upgrade to za pro 4.5 recently maybe that is the prob?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:02 12 Dec 2003

thanks christmascracker but as i say not sure if it is causing the hanging? debating about using system restore.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:11 12 Dec 2003

my thoughts as well, however i also noticed since last night none of my videos in kazaa will play visually, i get sound but blank screen (associated?)

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:37 12 Dec 2003

seems to be the area of my probs but was concerned that i might have a worse prob developing.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 17:05 12 Dec 2003

well i did a system restore back two days and can now play my videos in kazaa, i have omniquad pro on trial and this periodically develops a prob and has to close but apart from that i notice an error in the logs of fault bucket 75934189 have had a look on microsoft but dont seem to find much, but ater 1 hr running thats not bad compared to this morning/yesterday wonder what it was?

johnny.

hugh-265156 17:25 12 Dec 2003

i had a few problems with true vector causing restarts and numerous errors in event viewer.happened randomly,system would bsod and i couldnt get a fix for it.gigabyte mobo with sis chipset.

changed over to outpost firewall and have no problems with that.

johnnyrocker 17:39 12 Dec 2003

interesting post, i began to wonder if my prob might be due to the za upgrade to 4.5 caused it but i shall monitor the logs and compare to previous.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:19 13 Dec 2003

just checked my event logs have been up and running 7 hrs and no errors reported, anyone really experienced care to venture why sys restore back 24 hrs solved my probs that non of my scan facilities were able to show any probs?

johnny.

ahales42 00:28 13 Dec 2003

upgraded to ZA 4.5. there is a problem with aol and ZA. Keeps freezing. Have to reconnect. Hopefully aol will sort it out. aol 9 is nice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs