Xp and Outlook Express

bristolgirl 15:11 27 Nov 2003

since changing my pc, keeping my same e-mail address, some people (although not everbody) have been having e-mail they are sending to me, returned to them, without me ever recieving it.

Lozzy 16:12 27 Nov 2003

Have you checked you smtp address with OE>>Tools>>Accounts>>Properties>>Server

Do you get any error messages when send and receiving also do you have more than one email address and is all emails you have showing in Accounts??

Mr_Nice_Guy 17:04 27 Nov 2003

pop is to recieve isnt it? and smtp to send? i may be wrong.

AndyJ 17:08 27 Nov 2003

You say "some people" are not getting through. This suggests that others are...so your setting must be right. I would get them to check how they putting in your email address...sound's like they're getting it wrong e.g. using a comma instead of a full stop.

Yep, Mister Nice Guy....POP in....SMTP out

AndyJ 17:09 27 Nov 2003

Oh, incidentally...if you want to check if your own email is working OK..send one to yourself and see if you get it. Good, quick check.

Jester2K II 17:10 27 Nov 2003

It got to be a problem with the senders and not you. Are you on AOL - maybe they are being bounced by a Spam Filter?

What messages do they get in the bounced messages?

bristolgirl 18:44 27 Nov 2003

It is two differnet people who are having this problem sending me e-mails. I am not with AOL but one of the senders is. They have checked the address and this is ok. One of them sent me 2 e-mails last night and only one of them got through.

bristolgirl 16:33 30 Nov 2003

Anybody got any answers? Please!!

Jester2K II 08:39 01 Dec 2003

What messages do they get in the bounced messages?

bristolgirl 09:16 06 Dec 2003

Sorry

Got this one sorted now, I had to have the error meassages sent to me by slow mail and phoned up BT who sorted it out.

Thanks for your' help anyway

Jester2K II 09:19 06 Dec 2003

Good to hear its sorted..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)