XP-- Corrupted Harddrive?

spuds 21:11 27 Oct 2003

I have a dual harddrive system, with the main drive on XP Pro and the secondary slave drive on WME.

I seem to have a number of problem with start-up, due to blue screen or a warning error messages: Checking file system on C.- The type of the file system is FAT32.- Inconsistancy on disks.- One of your disks needs to be checked for consistancy. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue...

The computer then proceeds through a system of check,then reboots.The reboot sometimes works, but on occassions it fails, and repeats the previous process before successfull reboot.

Help and advice, in a not to technical manner, would be appreciated.Should add that the dual conversion and XP Pro and main H/D addition was recently done by the local computer shop.

froggg 21:31 27 Oct 2003

I have read somewhere that dual boot o/s should be installed sequentially ie oldest o/s first.

spuds 20:13 28 Oct 2003

Recycling.

zanwalk 21:30 28 Oct 2003

Surely your first action should be to take it back to the shop, and if the HD was a new one it will still be under warranty.

There are a number of reasons for it behaving like this, but I would strongly advise returning it to the shop first and giving them a chance to sort it before any other action.

spuds 23:36 29 Oct 2003

The culprit would appear to be the original WME drive, causing confliction problems with the new XP formatted h/d.

Not being a computer techie, I think the local computer shop is trying to mis-lead me.Long story,won't go into it.Will trying to seek satisfaction elsewhere.

Thanks froggg/rayburn. Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?