XP clean install IE7 Problem

bionicle 22:12 26 Jun 2007

Have just done an XP SP2 clean install and have downloaded IE7 as before. Problem is now when I connect to the internet IE7 states it cannot display the web page, however if I click on the 'home' button it connects straight to my homepage and browsing thereafter is not affected.

Does anyone heve any suggestions apart from Firefox?

umbongo(uk) 10:19 28 Jun 2007

if you do do a xp install just do a repair job
see if this works first it,ll keep all yer files

How do you perform a reinstallation of Windows XP, sometimes called a repair installation?

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer. Then insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.

When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.

Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.

In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

bionicle 07:44 29 Jun 2007

Thanks umbongo(uk) and *THE RAVEN*. Tried a repair installation but got error messages of some files missing or corrupt so did not work. I went back to a fresh install and so far so good-problem seems to be resolved. It might have been that I had initially reinstalled on top of IE7(thanks *THE RAVEN*) or that at my last install I got some malaware before I got defences up. I know I had to use a-squared to get rid of something called 'Firedaemon'.

Anyway thanks for staying with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?