xp activation problems

andrewmahoney 22:46 11 Jun 2007

Hi hope someone can help.... icant seem to get past the initial log in icon on my pc..When i click on it i am prompted to activate my copy of windows..If i click on no the system returnes to the log on screen..If i click to activate now the screen goes blue and stays like that for a few miniutes befor going back to the log on screen..there i have two choices,switch off,or activate windows,which only starts the process again.... help!!

xania 09:22 12 Jun 2007

I would say that you have a corrupt file. Have you tried loading your last successful boot? <F8> at the end of POST then select to load last succesful.

A-Nonymous 12:53 12 Jun 2007

It may be time to get the XP disk out to reinstalll windows. As long as you havent activated it already you arent wasting any money.

andrewmahoney 23:27 12 Jun 2007

Thanks for the advice..Tried re-installing xp today..gets half then tells me some files are missing..Continuing finishes the installation but sadlly stil has the activation problem.tryed the normal chkdsk /r fixboot fixmbr etc.. So i have decided to format and start from new!!luckily i save all my files to a separat hard drive,its stil a pain though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?