XP Activation

Scubaman 21:56 13 Jan 2006

Hi Folks, Happy New Year,
I have a legitimate copy of XP Home but being a bit a of fiddler I am always formating and re-intstalling my copy of XP Home upgrade edition, yes, I have to intall 98SE first. After my latest format I re-installed everything, I know, I know, I must be crazy, some people drink, some people gamble, I just fdisk and format!! I'm a fidler. Anyway.... I have just tried to activate my copy of XP Home and I get a message telling me I have done it too many times, what happens now after the 30 days? I am not buying another copy, the only other option I can see is the illegal one!! Help!

mammak 22:13 13 Jan 2006

As
Says phone MS but dont quote me but I think there is a limit on how often you can reinstall a legite version of windows, and an illegal copy is not the place to go you are setting your self up for more trouble doing that, hope everything is ok for you regards Mammak.

Scubaman 23:12 13 Jan 2006

I am using NAV and NAV PF. I just do some stupid things, the latest being adding another HDD for my videos. On rebootI kept getting a message that NTLDR missing, I flipped big time. Soooooo I fdisk'd and started from scratch, fortunately I save eveything to another HDD. When I got back online I looked up the NTLDR fault in the helproom and got a solution, ok ok too late then I know, I just love messing about, doesn't harm anyone, keeps me off the streets and out of my wife hair. I think I will build another PC to mess about with and not bother you lot so much. How can I create a backup, of say, my system now, working normally and eveything installed?

Scubaman 23:13 13 Jan 2006

I am using NAV and NAV PF. I just do some stupid things, the latest being adding another HDD for my videos. On rebootI kept getting a message that NTLDR missing, I flipped big time. Soooooo I fdisk'd and started from scratch, fortunately I save eveything to another HDD. When I got back online I looked up the NTLDR fault in the helproom and got a solution, ok ok too late then I know, I just love messing about, doesn't harm anyone, keeps me off the streets and out of my wife hair. I think I will build another PC to mess about with and not bother you lot so much. How can I create a backup, of say, my system now, working normally and eveything installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

How designers created the world of smash hit drama Bodyguard

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment supprimer le son au démarrage d’un Mac ?