XMP Option not showing up in BIOS Settings

S Aditya 08:20 30 Jul 2018

Recently, I tested my Desktop PC on userbenchmarks.com wherein it told me that my RAM was performing poorly. When I checked CPU-Z for DRAM Frequency it showed up to be just a 1000MHz, although it is a 2133MHz RAM. To solve this issue, userbenchmarks advised enabling XMP profile in the BIOS.

When I opened up the BIOS and went to enable the XMP, (according to the steps given in the manual to enable XMP) I found that there were no such settings. I checked all the tabs in BIOS but was unable to find any XMP option. I checked if my BIOS was updated to the latest version which it was.

I own an MSI B-150 PCMate Motherboard update to the latest BIOS/

This is my CPU-Z report and my complete system INFO click here help.

I have tried resetting the BIOS but still not able to solve the issue.

Kindly

Flat Earther 14:53 30 Jul 2018

1066Mhz is the correct frequency, it's data rate is double that = 2133Mhz

2133Mhz is the standard for DDR4, XMP only applies to RAM rated 2400Mhz+

Flat Earther 16:04 30 Jul 2018

Looking at the CPU-Z report, you have the RAM in a single channel, DIMMs 1 & 2 (0 & 1 in the report) both Channel A

The manual suggests you should use DIMMs 2 & 4 which will utilise both Channels.

Probably won't make much difference, but it is recommended.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9