Xerox WorkCentre 3345 - paper jam error

Daniella Matthews 21:24 22 Jan 2019

Hello,

I’m looking for some help with my Xerox WorkCentre 3345. I am getting the error Clear Jam in Machine - Open Back cover Remove sheet. Close cover

I have opened every possible place and there is no paper in the machine. It’s been turned on and off at the back and the mains and still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or seen this before?

I have tried to get it repaired but was told people can’t really fix printers anymore and Xerox want nearly £300 for the repair (we may as well buy a new one!)

Many thanks!! Danni

wee eddie 00:16 23 Jan 2019

Try looking at the gear wheels that drive the Paper Rollers. Frequently it is a small piece of paper, as small as a stamp, that will cause the jam

Daniella Matthews 06:34 23 Jan 2019

Okay great, thanks I’ll give this a try now �

alanrwood 10:38 23 Jan 2019

Yes wee eddie is correct. There will still be a very small piece of paper somewhere in the paper path. I don't know your printer but maybe you can hand crank one of the paper feed gears and see if it brings the piece of paper into view.

Daniella Matthews 06:27 24 Jan 2019

Hiya,

I’ve looked for any traces of paper in the paper paths but cannot see anything and still getting the error.

Any other ideas?

Cheers!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?