Is Wordpress a Good Choice For Ecommerce?

Rick Mack 14:28 21 Mar 2017

I'm planning to launch my e-commerce store. Which e-commerce platform should I prefer? I know a couple of friends who are running their e-commerce store on Wordpress and recommends the same. But, I would like to ask from you guys about what should I do?

LastChip 17:57 21 Mar 2017

It depends on what you need and how much you want to pay.

Personally, I'm a great fan of Wordpress, but not for ecommerce. It was originally a blogging platform and you can now run very able websites via it's system, which in essence is a CMS - content management system.

Many hosts offer first class e-commerce solutions which are ready to go. You simply add your products and it's up and running.

But as I said, it depends upon what you need and how much you want to pay at the end of the day. Even with Wordpress, to get a fully function site, it won't be free. The plug-ins you need will almost certainly be chargeable.

Forum Editor 18:12 21 Mar 2017
  Ryan Stevens 12:11 03 Apr 2017

Through my personal experience, I would recommend Magento any day above any other e-commerce platform because of it's functionality, customization options, security, community and overall support that is there for Magento. I can give you plethora of reasons for choosing Magento, but I would suggest you to have a quick search on the internet as well. You'll find the most trusted publications like Forbes and Entrepreneur magazine mentioning Magento in the best e-commerce platform list. Although other big names such as Shopify and Symphony commerce are also mentioned, but Magento beats them all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL