Word problem from My Documents

paul_allard 15:39 08 Aug 2003

When I try to open a document within My Documents, I get the following message :

The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File / Open box to open the document. (C:\Documents.doc) and an OK button.

When I OK, the following box appears :

The document name or path is not valid. Try one or more of the following. Check the path to make sure it is typed correctly. On the File menu, click Open. Search for the file using the dialog box (Settings\Paul\My)and an OK button.

When I OK, the following box appears :

The document name or path is not valid. Try one or more of the following. Check the path to make sure it is typed correctly. On the File menu, click Open. Search for the file using the dialog box (Documents\NameofDocument)and an OK button.

When I OK, Word opens and I then use File / Open.

However I encounter no problems when I want to open a document within Word.

So the problem only exists within My Documents. Any ideas about how I can cure this annoying problem ?

I'm running Office 2000 / Word 2000 within Windows XP

paul_allard 18:50 08 Aug 2003

None of the causes listed on the support site seem to be relevant since it happens with every single document in My Documents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Forza Horizon 4 review

This embroidered stop motion music video for They Might Be Giants is a monster spotter's dream

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment faire la mise à jour d’un Mac vers macOS Mojave ?