Word pad problem

Femme 07:00 05 Dec 2004

It appears that everything is being saved in word pad.
Its coded so Im not sure what it is, but appears to be mail.
Can I change that?
Thankyou

Djohn 07:22 05 Dec 2004

Can you explain a little more please? What is it you are trying to save and are you choosing the correct destination? (Save in/File name/File type) these are the three separate questions you are asked when you click on the save or save as button.

File name is the top window in the dialogue box.

File name is the first of the two lower options with File type the last option. On each of these windows there is a small button to the right that when clicked on will give a drop down menu to choose from.

Femme 08:03 05 Dec 2004

It is just saving it automatically.
Everything is going into wordpad.
It started suddenly.
Im not trying to save it at all.
I hope that explains a bit better
Also I have windows me
Thankyou

Djohn 08:25 05 Dec 2004

Do you mean just your mail or does everything you open such as a word document or after using a graphic application is automatically saved without you asking, or is this something different such as a continuous log being built up in word pad no matter what you do?

Femme 08:43 05 Dec 2004

Its a continuous log
Graphics do not appear in it just a flow of word which appear to be my email saving it but in code
Thanks

Femme 08:44 05 Dec 2004

Its a continuous log
Graphics do not appear in it just a flow of word which appear to be my email saving it but in code
Thanks

Femme 08:44 05 Dec 2004

Its a continuous log
Thanks

Djohn 11:09 06 Dec 2004

Anyone have an Idea what may be causing this problem?

VoG II 11:22 06 Dec 2004

I don't understand the question. I think we need a clearer description of what is happening. Like when does this happen, what is/are the name(s) of the file(s) being created and so on.

bobbybowls 11:34 06 Dec 2004

try running an spyware program if my email was being saved in to a coded file i would be suspicious of some one having access to my pc

VoG II 11:41 06 Dec 2004

It isn't click here is it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?