Word 2000, XP and spelling

TomG 20:46 21 Jan 2003
  TomG 20:46 21 Jan 2003

I have set my son up with a limited account in XP. In word there is no option to check spelling (pressing the check spelling button on the toolbar doesn't work and in options the spelling tab is greyed out).

I have been to the Microsoft knowledgebase but can only find a reference to a similar problem in Word 97 (Article 257643) - is the solution for word 2000 the same?

jazzypop 22:59 21 Jan 2003

I can't try it for you, as I can't reproduce the fault, but all the fix is doing is giving your son 'permission' to access the specific MS Word spellcheck tools.

I am confident that it would also work with Word2000, if the lack of access is the cause of his inability to perform a spellcheck (a very likely cause).

jazzypop 23:07 21 Jan 2003

I can't try it for you, as I can't reproduce the fault, but all the fix is doing is giving your son 'permission' to access the specific MS Word spellcheck tools.

I am confident that it would also work with Word2000, if the lack of access is the cause of his inability to perform a spellcheck (a very likely cause

VoG™ 23:42 21 Jan 2003

I agree with jazzypop; it can't do any harm to try. Make a backup of the registry to start with (File/Export) and save to the desktop.

If things go pear shaped you can double-click that file to restore the registry.

TomG 07:30 22 Jan 2003

Thanks - will give it a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?