Hot Topics

We regret to inform you that the PC Advisor Forums are now closed, and you are unable to post new comments or conversations. If you have a question about the forums, please contact us.

WMP connect a burner and restart the player!!!

Anon-542089 10:22 10 Jan 2020

Hello and good morning to you all. I am hoping that I can get some immediate help here. I have 2 laptops running windows 10, 1 is mine and one for a freind. The laptops do not have optical cd drives, so I have a portable cd burner. I an trying to rip some music for a friend using Windows media player. I have inserted the cd with music into windows media player, and it has copied ALL the music to windows media player with no issues whatsoever. Now I have inserted a blank cd and rip the songs and it tells me: Connect a burner and restart the player. I have tried a few things online to no avail, and this is the same problem on BOTH laptops......please advice on a solution. I know for a fact that the portable cd is just play and play and windows recognizes once it has been connected. I am totally baffled here. Any help would be much appreciated

Anon-319210 14:21 10 Jan 2020

Make and model of portable CD burner?

Some of the steps here for a HP work for any model especially the bit about upper and lower filters. click here

Anon-542089 17:31 10 Jan 2020

Hello and good evening. Issue FINALLY sorted. There seem to be some problems when connecting certain brands of external cd burners in windows 10. I have now connected a Liteon CD burner and itunes recognized it immediately.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware m17 R3 review

Apple iMac 2020 review

No, iOS 14 widgets are not spying on your iPhone

Comment regarder Disney+ sur les écrans connectés Google ?

/forum/helproom-1/wmp-connect-burner-restart-player-4718405/