Wireless Queries

  mgmcc 21:09 07 Jan 2006

You need a Wireless Broadband Router and, if your broadband is ADSL via the phone line, this should be a *combined* "Router & ADSL Modem". For Cable Broadband (NTL & Telewest) a "stand-alone router, often described as a "Cable/DSL Router", is used.

Any computer that you want to connect to the router "wirelessly" with needs to have a Wireless Network Adapter installed. For a desktop PC this would be a PCI adapter or USB, for a laptop PCMCIA or USB. (I don't know what you would do with an Xbox.)

You can, of course, also connect to a router with a conventional "wired" ethernet adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor View 20 review

How Esports branding got a brand new look

Best free Mac apps

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2019)