Wireless printer will not print

[email protected] 21:36 30 Nov 2015

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem; I have searched the internet, but all the solutions I have found are not actually solutions - they don't solve the problem.

Hardware: An Acer V5 122p laptop (with Windows 8.1 and all updates) and an Epson XP412 wireless printer, both connected to a home wireless network. And a couple of other computers in the house too.

The Acer laptop will not print to the Epson printer. I have tried printing from MS Word, from a PDF, and directly from MS Paint - none work. I simply get a small error message which says "Error printing" no code or further guidance. But, it works the other way - I can scan wirelessly from the Epson to the Acer - so I conclude that the wireless connection is OK. (and the Acer connects to the wireless network and internet with no problems)

The printer works fine - I can print wirelessly from three other computers in the house (two with W 8.1, and one with W 10) with no problems - so the printer would not appear to be at fault.

I have re-insatlled the printer software on the Acer - still doesn't work. There were no error messages when I installed the software.

My wife also has a similar laptop (with W 8.1), and can print wirelessly from that with no problems.

So, I have a working printer, a working wireless network, and the ability to print from other computers - why can't I print from my little Acer ???

Ashrich 23:54 30 Nov 2015

When you reloaded the printer software did you actually uninstall it all first ( remove all the drivers ) as it sounds like the specific printer driver may be damaged or corrupt . Remove it from control panel / programs and features .

Ashley

[email protected] 10:42 01 Dec 2015

Thanks for the response; yes, I did totally uninstall the software and then did a completely new install. It could be that the drivers from the CD are corrupted (but I used the same CD for the other computers.....) I might try and download the drivers from the internet in case the CD itself is corrupted (but I guess that is pretty unlikely).

Ashrich 11:31 01 Dec 2015

Might be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but is the printer listed ( ticked ) as the default printer in devices and printers ?

Ashley

[email protected] 19:35 01 Dec 2015

Thank you - no worries about grannies and eggs, but it is the default (only) printer and is selected. When I try to print, the print dialogue box appears and then after a while, a simple message: printer error. I'll keep working at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD