Wireless Printer Connection

Legslip 22:12 24 Apr 2009

My friend has a desktop wired directly into a BT Voyager modem. They want to get a wireless laptop and I have got them a BT Home Hub 2 which is Wireless N and have recommended a laptop with Wireless N conectivity. They also want a wireless multifunction printer/scanner/copier but are the current range compatible with 'N'. If so, can anyone recomend a cost effective, for domestic use, good one?

Legslip 01:20 26 Apr 2009

Is there anybody out there?

AlanHo 06:25 26 Apr 2009

Why not get a standard multifunction printer wired into the desktop and set it as a shared printer so the laptop can also use it over the wireless network.

The only snag - if it really is one - is that the desktop has to be on for the printer to be used by the laptop.

Legslip 22:33 26 Apr 2009

Thanks AlanHO, They don't wish to keep the desktop. I was considering the Epson SX600FW but it is wireless g. Will it work with Home Hub 2 Wireless N?

iarno 16:42 27 Apr 2009

Have a look at this. click here

bt hub2 suports wifi b, g, and n

Dont know what you want to spend. I have the Brother DCP-585CW and can recomend it, fully wirelesss. Shop around you can get one for under £100 and inks are cheap and are also individual colours.

I

Legslip 16:47 27 Apr 2009

Gr8 info Tarno and many thanks. Will consider the Brother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?