wireless networking

  LivEviL 18:49 19 Oct 2005

i have just brought a new computer and want to put that one (aswell as this) on a wireless network, i understand i need a wireless router and wireless card/pci's but when looking at whats about i need to have a broadband modem which is ethernet and i have a USB modem is there any type of adapter to change a USB-male to Ethernet-Male? so an adapter which is USB-female through to a ethernet-female so ican connect a patch cable to it? if there is such a thing can you suggest where to get such a thing or is it possible to make one?

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 19 Oct 2005

You need a wireless router and modem combind click here , ditch the USB modem you're presently using.

with a wireless card / adaptor in each PC you will soon be up and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts