Wireless Network Connection Properties

flow276 20:57 21 Dec 2004

I am trying to set up a wireless network but I do not have the option to select the Wireless Network Connection Properties under Network Connections. I am running XP Home (Version 5.1(Build 2600 xpsp2.030422-1633:Service Pack 1).
I have requested SP2 from Mesh. Is the Wireless Network Connection Properties SP2 functionality? If not, how can I obtain it?

Many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 21:14 21 Dec 2004

myITforum.com : Another Reason to Deploy Windows XP SP2 - Wireless Networking
click here

This says:

[quote]Some the new enhancements include the following:

* Built-in support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) - This feature was originally included as a downloadable add-on, but its now included in Windows XP.[/quote]

Worth a read through.

flow276 21:19 21 Dec 2004

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I will wait for Mesh to send me the SP2 upgrade disks.

Regards

Jeffers22 21:20 21 Dec 2004

You do not need SP2 to have wireless networking. SP2 does add additional function (eg WPA as pointed out by D S)

The act of installing the equipment and drivers for a wireless product (card, dongle, etc) should immediately (after rebooting perhaps) provide a wireless networking entry, I think in control panel. I'm sure that's what happened in both XP and 98Se on my dual boot laptop. But it was a while ago and the memory isn't what it was!

flow276 21:28 21 Dec 2004

Thanks for your reply. I know that I can create a wireless network with my current setup. I was just trying to make it easier!
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?