Wireless laptop & router with wired PCs & router?

Flopper 16:04 27 Aug 2006

I am intending to experiment with my home network by going wireless with my new notebook/laptop but still leave my PC and my two son's PCs conected to my wired router.
Can this be done?
Without going into the technical details, which I can research later, I understand I can plug a wireless router into my wired router/modem?
Also without getting too technical if I can do this and wish to view emails on the notebook can I view my mail on the notebook but decide if I wish to actually download them onto the notebook or leave them on the PC. With Exchange Server my employers remote users can opt to view email headers and messages on their laptops but choose to either download the full email or leave them on the server for download later (if my info is correct). Can this be done with Outlook in Office 2003?

Flopper 17:15 27 Aug 2006

Thanks FelixTCat.

I had forgotten all about Webmail even though I use it almost every day. DUH !!

Flopper 22:09 30 Aug 2006

Thanks

Flopper 20:17 05 Jan 2007

Got the wireless network working by doing something I am sure I have done before.
Apparently I bought the wrong wireless router.
However, by running a network cable from the spare 4th port on the wired router in to which the 3 PCs are connected, and running the other end into the 'internet' port on the wireless router I am now wireless, albeit with 2 routers rather than one, but I can remedy that if I so wish by buying the correct router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?