Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Guide/Reviews?

Air_Man 09:41 12 Jun 2005

I would like to buy a wireless keyboard and mouse, but am not overly familiar with the type of wireless connection, usage restrictions (line of sight etc), battery life etc. I am also not sure what to look for features/benefits wise - I mainly want to lose 2 cables from my desktop!

Can anyone point me in the direction of useful info on the web?

Thx

wint 09:56 12 Jun 2005

It's not the cheapest I know (48.04 from Dabs) click here I got the set with my new Evesham PC in December. Not had to change batteries yet, must be wearing out by now though! Just like using a wired keyboard and mouse, there's no delay. Unlike some other makes which I have tried, you don't have to "wake them up" by moving the mouse or hitting a key.

They seem to work anywhere in the same room (I do have a very small study!) so if you can see the screen, it should work.

Hope this helps.
Wint

Air_Man 10:22 12 Jun 2005

Thanks Wint.

I'll have a look around local shops for this as I want to feel the keys first, but it's as good a place as any to start.

Anyone else with cordless experiences?

The Regster 12:18 12 Jun 2005

Try here for some other ideas.

click here

Air_Man 20:15 14 Jun 2005

Thx all,

I plumped for a Typhoon Cordless Navigator Deluxe, which uses RF rather than IR - keeps the receiver off the desktop. It came with the 4 AA batteries re

Air_Man 20:17 14 Jun 2005

... sorry, I continue... required (2 for mouse 2 for kb) and they were Duracell too! I have only had it a few days but it is a goodsend. The kb itself is a "navigator" style (funny that!) but is very nice to type on, and the mouse is as responsive as any I have tried.

I would recommend it ATM but lets see how long the batteries last...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?