wireless broadband with ntl

chrissie1 19:30 28 Feb 2006

I have a newish laptop which is wireless enabled, but I just have a dial-up account with AOL. One of my flatmates with a similar computer joined aol broadband, and bought a wireless router (BT Voyager 2100 ADSL). We were all able to connect using the wireless broadband. (although I never changed my dial-up account). He has recently moved out and cancelled his broadband with AOL. So I can no longer connect using the wireless router and am just using dial-up without broadband. (driving me mad!)
I am moving to a new house in 2 weeks, which has an ntl cable, and so we are going to have an ntl phone line (only because we have to, as landlord will not allow a sky dish to be put up). I dont know anything about ntl phone lines, so I have a few questions.
- is it possible to connect 'wireless' with ntl phone line?
- AOL says I can only order their gold 2mb package with an ntl line, and dont get a free modem. Can I use the wireless router(named above)that I already have, with an ntl line, or do I need a different one?

As you can tell, I'm quite useless with computers.. all I want is wireless internet access thats simple and easy!! (and not too expensive!)
Any tips would be great, thank you!!

Fellsider 20:16 28 Feb 2006

^^^^

namtas 20:18 28 Feb 2006
  Strawballs 22:00 28 Feb 2006

With an ntl line you should be able to get a cable modem with B/B click here try asking here it's an NTL forum

Dellman 01:07 01 Mar 2006

If you have Cable TV, you can get Wireless BB via the set-top box. Although you are limited to between 1&2Meg speeds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?