Wire has come out of 24 pin connector

Chewyclegnuts 09:11 10 Feb 2018

Hi is there anything that can be done I bought a 1000w psu and last night one of the wires came out of its pin. Are they fixable or do I need to replace? I can’t really wait for scan to send me one out I need one today so would any 24 pin connector do? Thanks.

alanrwood 11:29 10 Feb 2018

The pins are usually pushed it and a small clip then mates with a ridge in the plastic.

It is possible to ease them out with a tiny screwdriver pushing the clip in from the rear of the plug. If you are good with a soldering iron or have a crimping tool you may be able to fix it however I would wait for a replacement personally as fixing it would most likely invalidate your warranty if you were not successful.

If you do try disconnect the PSU from the mains and leave it several hours for the internal capacitors to discharge themselves otherwise you could get a very nasty shock.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:15 10 Feb 2018

if the wire is detced from the pin it can be crimped back on but you will need to release the pin from the connector block first then re insert click here

alanrwood 11:20 11 Feb 2018

This applies to the plug/socket you need

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?