WinPcap 3.0 Alpha 4. What is it ?

rawprawn 15:40 04 Jun 2003

While looking through my add & remove prorams I found this. I can't find out what it does. I did a search on Google & all I can see is it is some kind of network sniffer. Is it Spyware, nether Spybot nor Adware are showing any problems, but I don't remember loadong it.

rawprawn 10:06 05 Jun 2003

Surely someone out there knows something about this.

rawprawn 16:31 05 Jun 2003

Thanks for the reply, I did read the research from Google but I didn't understand it it's a bit technical for me. However the only thing I can think of along the lines of your last answer is that there was an "update" from Freeserve that I downloaded at their request supposedly to make my connections better, I wonder could that be it. The other thing is it spyware?

rawprawn 19:08 05 Jun 2003

As I said it was in program files, there were two text files one was log which seemed to be logging each install & uninstall but I really am not sure because I could interpret it as the log of what it would show if I decide to uninstall the program. Anyway because I don't like programs that I have not agreed to download, or add ons that nobody told me about I have uninstalled the program just now while on line. I will see if I get any adverse reactions on my computer. Thankyou for your help, I will give it a day or so, then if nothing happens mark this thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?