winmx

phild 14:33 15 Nov 2003

is anyone aware of any problems with winmx........or has big brother caught up with them aswell......................cheers

Proxy Worm 16:23 15 Nov 2003

You wont any help for P2P probs here, as this forum dont allo willegal conduct, downloading via p2p is illegal! Only few legal ones!

Diodorus Siculus 16:36 15 Nov 2003

"downloading via p2p is illegal" - how come? I was under the impression that the use of p2p filesharing programs is morally / legally neutral.

Using them to share copyrighted material is likely to be illegal but the use of p2p utilities per se cannot be illegal.

phild 16:39 15 Nov 2003

i wasn't after any help i simply asked if anyone had had problems with it but thanks for the legal lesson mr ironside

BBez 18:40 15 Nov 2003

I use it for getting footage from the WRC (World Rally Championships)etc and had no probs, just scan all files with anti-virus before opening them...

Proxy Worm 19:39 15 Nov 2003

Phild - mr ironside- very smart yeh! Dont accept ny favours with that attitude!

phild 20:55 15 Nov 2003

i seem to have thrown a spanner in the works with my scouse sense of humour .. lighten up proxy worm i think u will find that your tone started it ........i have always been polite and thankful for the help i recieve so in future try not to be the headmaster and read the message properly before u go diving in....if you read my first post u will see what i mean

Proxy Worm 15:29 16 Nov 2003

Calm down- me - i was just saying, mr ironside just took me over theline son!

phild 15:41 16 Nov 2003

you obviously have not got any sense of humour don't worry you'll get over it

jockym 16:06 16 Nov 2003

I too use or have used winmx and have recently found difficulty in getting connected for p2p. As for the illegality of it - we all know this - but as individuals I feel we are at liberty to utilise the facility offered and the silly bickering between posters should definitely be illegal also :)

phild 19:17 16 Nov 2003

here here jockym i totally agree with you so keep your big nose out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?