WinMPlayer9 - hidden player!

[email protected] 16:55 24 May 2005

My friend has somehow managed to "hide" the WinMedPlayer on his new PC [xp]. I have tried to get it back but am unable to do so. The player "plays" when an audio disc is inserted - the WMP doo dah arrives in the workbar - the icon is in the quick launch - there is every indication that it is "there" but we just cant see it! I have tried reinstalling from a freshly downloaded version but the problem persists. (*He is not on the net, I d/l from MS, put it onto a disc and visited him).
He is an old newbie and a bit click happy but we have all been there sometime I expect. Unfortunately, he doesnt recall just what he did or what he was doing when he did it! Without going into Reinstall/Restore etc, would anyone have an idea where to start. Right clicking the properties of his drive with a disc in, brings up the usual "what do you want windows to do" etc , and choosing "play with WMP" works as you would expect but we just cant see it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[email protected] 09:01 12 Jul 2005

Just checking my "resolved" ticks.
This one has been resolved but I was waiting for the guy in question to explain to me what the vendor did. Waited too long and now he doesnt remember! Sorry - I would have liked to inform ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)