windws sp2

stalion 20:33 05 Jul 2004

beta version is available on windows update site for anyone interested

also been there a while dokey and anyone with a brain wouldnt touch it with a barge poll

stalion 20:39 05 Jul 2004

I do not appreciate the tone of your reply and I won't call you names and lower myself to your level

Mister Splendid©® 20:43 05 Jul 2004

No need to insult others because YOU don't want it.

BTW, to install SP2 via Windows Update you need to instal Windows Update Client V5, also an unsupported beta version.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:44 05 Jul 2004

I've been using it on mine and three other computers for a month with no problems..(fear 56K, 250Mb download). I fear that english113 is a tad over-wrought.

G

sedgi 20:45 05 Jul 2004

Im interested but still a bit dubious, what do you think so far, had any problems?

sorry to afend but come if microsoft cant get it right the first time what chance have they got in a beta version

stalion 20:52 05 Jul 2004

many members have inquired about it and some want to instal it and others just want info.So you take your choice.

sedgi 20:52 05 Jul 2004

Ah yes but has anyone yet had any serious problem with it? Thats what the big question is.

ok i will put my money where my mouth is and i will download a copy please could you post me the link

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:03 05 Jul 2004

I have had no problems with the beta version. Personally the 'upgrade' is no great shakes and is hardly noticeable if you already have a firewall and AV..

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?