WindowsME Update problem (0x80070052)

AJ18071970 17:56 30 Nov 2003

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I have two hard drives partitioned into two each C+E and D+F. My problem is that I cannot connect to the Windows Update site. I keep getting the error message (0x80070052). I have followed the advice in the troubleshooter but it didn't help at all. I have my O/S in C and have E as my installation path. I have copied my WU folder everywhere on both partitions. I also have the Automatic Udater popping up, I have tried turning it off but it doesn't work Is there a way to do a clean install of the updater? I don't want to re-install ME just for this purpose. Thanks in advance.

VoG II 18:00 30 Nov 2003
  powerless 18:02 30 Nov 2003

Attempting to access Windows Update results in error 0x80070052 error displayed in an error page. Windows Update.Log shows no errors.

Resolutions:

This problem has been seen where the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion specifies the Program Files directory as "H:\Program Files" All program files are on H: However, the Windows Update folder was in a Program Files directory on C:
This was resolved by copying the WindowsUpdate folder From C: to H:

Although it applies to Windows 2000 click here

AJ18071970 19:16 30 Nov 2003

Yeah mate tried all of those but still no joy
=o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts