Hot Topics

Windows7, Virgin cable broadband, Windows live mail issue

anniesboy68 15:47 22 Jan 2012
Answered

For the last three days I have been unable to send e mails via Windows live mail, on all 3 of my computers. I keep getting an error box [code ox800CCC0F] and the composed mail goes immediatly to the outbox. Mail composed via Virgin e mail system goes ok. Before I contact Virgin [which is a pain in the axxse has anyone had or have this problem at this time, please My 3rd computer is XP and uses Outlook Express of course and experiences the same problem.

sharpamat 16:37 22 Jan 2012

Have you tried restoring your system to when it last worked OK Virgin had major problems a few days ago where the entire broadband network crashed this may have upset your settings.Or could have been caused by an update

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/windows-mail-error-code-0x800ccc0f/0ad4c3c2-e122-47a8-9f30-11999a0ce55a

anniesboy68 17:31 22 Jan 2012

Thanks for the replies gents, and ladies if applicable. I have been all through the settings, have switched off modem, [all night] re booted etc, all to no avail. I'm sure this must be a problem at the servers end somewhere as as I did explain this is happening on all 3 cptrs. However, am just uninstalling Microsoft live essentials on laptop and will re install to see what happens. No doubt I will contact Virgion Monday AM.

anniesboy68 19:05 22 Jan 2012

Yep, its up to 5 mins.!!! Re install done, but, I would have thought when the mail programme was opened I would need to input all the information again. However, its all there, as it was before. I uninstalled with Revo uninstaller which cleans out the registry [supposedly] then did it with CC Cleaner, but as I said before its all there, e mails, addresses, the lot. Very strange. Will def. contact Virgin, although of course can still use their e mail prog. The problem albeit a small one is that you have to keep logging in with name and password Thanks all, again

mgmcc 19:52 22 Jan 2012

"For the last three days I have been unable to send e mails via Windows live mail, on all 3 of my computers"

I think that would suggest that there is a problem with Virgin's SMTP server, or at least a problem in accessing it in your area. Three computers aren't all going to go "pear-shaped" simultaneously.

I say "in your area" because I'm using Virgin Cable broadband with Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 and can send mail OK.

Number six 22:25 22 Jan 2012

anniesboy68:

I had exactly the same problem. You need to turn off SSL for your SMTP settings. In Windows Live mail, go to your email account settings > advanced, untick the box next to SSL. Why Virgin's server settings should suddenly change, heaven knows.

anniesboy68 13:02 23 Jan 2012

Huh. Spoke to Virgin after a 15min wait listening to music [no interuptions to say your call is being dealt with] so you just sit,wait and hope. However eventually spoke to a nice Indian gentleman who I could only just understand because I'm English and it seems the sever is down [outward of course] and has been since 18th, and still not fixed.

Terry Brown 14:40 23 Jan 2012

I assume that you are aware that Virgin has upgraded their Email security, I suggest you go to the Virgin site, loot at settings, and find the new (correct) settings .

You now have to change the advanced settings and tick various other boxes.

Terry

sharpamat 15:16 23 Jan 2012

Ive not changed my setting and my live mail is still working fine. My only suggestion is leave things alone untill Virgin corrects their problem. Watch their website for you area to see when this happens

anniesboy68 10:27 24 Jan 2012

Still not fixed....according to the service outage page for this area 31 anticipated fix will be at 1700hrs 26th January

sharpamat 13:53 24 Jan 2012

Worthwhile checking your service status My area 06 no longer has the problem shown which was effecting sendind e mails

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €