Windows XP photo print

Plymptonian 18:45 15 Apr 2004

I have a problem trying to print photos directly from a photo folder (properties correctly set). When I open My Pictures the option "Print photo" is available but as soon as I click on a photo or a sub folder then this option disappears. If I then select Print from the file menu Outlook starts up and tries to send a fax!. My printer is set as the default printer. I think this problem started after I tried to send a fax. I think that the MS Photo Editor is defaulting to the fax but how do you change that?

Any Ideas?

anon1 19:46 15 Apr 2004

purge the fax outbox

Plymptonian 20:13 15 Apr 2004

There is nothing to purge in the fax outbox.

shizzy 21:19 15 Apr 2004

I often use this to print photos and I think you click on "Print Pictures" before making any selections. This brings up a new window for you to select pictures, layout and printer quality etc.

Plymptonian 22:08 15 Apr 2004

The problem is that the option to click on "print pictures" is not there.

shizzy 22:33 15 Apr 2004

As soon you first open My Pictures don't select any folder and the Print Pictures should be down the lefthand side. As soon as you select a folder this option is gone. I used to make this mistake at first and wondered where it had gone to.

obbit 22:36 15 Apr 2004

i open the picture first then click on the print icon at the bottom of the picture then select the size i wish to print from the wizard.

shizzy 22:56 15 Apr 2004

Thanks that's useful to know. Never used that way.

Plymptonian 00:32 16 Apr 2004

I am not getting the print icon at the bottom of the picture. I used to. If is select Print from the file menu it starts up the fax, although my Epson printer is selected as the default printer. I think there is a problem with MS Photo Editor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?