Windows XP Firewall disables at every re-boot

SimonC 20:37 23 Sep 2004

I wonder if any of u nice peeps can help me. I am running XP with SP2 but I have posted this here coz I don't know if this is SP2 specific. I have noticed that for some unfathomable reason Windows Internet conection firewall has started disabling itself at every re-boot. Although I still run Zone Alarm I am finding this both worrying and annoying and wondering if any of u fine folk have any idea wot is causing this as it wasn't like this initially.

Cheers

SimonC

VoG II 20:44 23 Sep 2004

Start, Run, type in

services.msc

and click OK. Scroll down to Security Center and double click it. Check that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

SimonC 20:59 23 Sep 2004

thats the weird thing 'bout this secirity centre is running and displays the firewall as being on even while the firewall icon in control panel is set to off, and I know it is indeed off coz I have tested it....I wonder wot gives?

Cheers

SimonC

4472 21:06 23 Sep 2004

Windows XP2 turns off the firewall automatically when it detects you are running Zone Alarm. Also Microsoft recommend that better protection is still given by using Zone Alarm rather than their firwall.

SimonC 07:57 24 Sep 2004

'Yo da man'

SimonC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?