Windows XP and epson printer

leadwellie 17:29 29 Oct 2003

Hi.
I wish to upgrade from 98SE to XP professional,
the problem being that the epson printer I have is an Stylus colour 600 and I understand that there are no drivers for this printer that are compatible with XP. I also understand that while the printer my work with XP I will lose some of the funtionallity like ink levels head cleaning etc. Even windows 2000 driver is unlikely to help.
Can anyone out there help? I would like to avoid having to buy another printer if poss.
Many thanks.
Leadwellie.

sicknote 17:36 29 Oct 2003

Hi
Epson printers work fine with XP drivers,you only lose the use of seeing the ink levels,everything else works,cleaning,etc

bruno 17:41 29 Oct 2003

I have the colour 880 and everything works fine on it on XP Pro,even the ink levels.It may be different to yours though.

spargo 17:46 29 Oct 2003

I have the 600 also. It works fine on XP, the only thing missing are the ink levels, Head Cleaning etc works fine.

birkdalite 18:12 29 Oct 2003

leadwellie are sure you have loaded "status monitor" which the part of the installation software? this is the part that shows ink usage etc.

birkdalite 18:17 29 Oct 2003

leadwellie also try the compatability file on on XP. I have had complete success with two Epson printers on XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Brilliant (and Weird) World Cup 2018 Art and Design Projects

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?