Windows Xp

ParaziteX 15:07 13 Jan 2006

Hey, i've got a major problem, yesterday my computer started freezing every 10 minutes, i tried to restore to an earlier point, but in the middle of the restore it froze, after that it was freezing every 10 seconds, now i don't get past DOS! The first 15 times i start my comp, i get a msg Bios checksum error, when it finaly forgets that, i freezes just after the windows loading page (still in dos mode) after 30 secs i get a windows-bluescreen that stays upp for 0,5 secs, (no chance to read it). Then it restarts itself... and all over again
Today i tried to repair windows, by inserting the installation cd, well well well... it doesn't read the cd... that means i can't even re-install windows (this way atleast) this is getting on my nerves now...
Any ideas on how to solve this? =)

~~Thanx~~

VoG II 15:09 13 Jan 2006

Set the PC to boot from the CD drive click here

Repair click here

ParaziteX 15:32 13 Jan 2006

k, thanx, tho now i have another problem, when ready to repair windows, it asks for administrative password which i don't know, and havn't used for the last 6 years... so i went to bios changed supervisor password and user password, ran again repair, but still it tells me uncorrect password..? and ideas

VoG II 15:35 13 Jan 2006

Try leaving the password box blank.

ParaziteX 15:41 13 Jan 2006

tried that, didn't work, i've disabled the passwords in bios, and the left it blank in repair setup, still the password is not valid

woodchip 15:50 13 Jan 2006

BIOS password as nothing to do with Admin password

ParaziteX 15:51 13 Jan 2006

it doesn't? i read somewhere that it has, hmm, maybe i missunderstod. anyway, i left the password blank, still not valid

woodchip 15:52 13 Jan 2006

The CD you have is it a full XP or OEM XP disc. Or do ypu have a Retore disc and partitions with drivers and software on it

ParaziteX 15:54 13 Jan 2006

full xp

woodchip 15:57 13 Jan 2006

If You have all drivers etc What about a complete restore? Or have you files you need to get to?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)