Windows Vienna

henry2 11:41 06 Nov 2010

Hi Guys,
I have got this 'windows vienna' i want to install and use on my desktop.But before i do that i want to know if it is legit and ok to use?
My second question is.I have a dell monitor with a usb slot.When i slot in a flash drive it does not work until i attach a printer cable from the monitor to the system unit.Should the printer cable be always on before my flash drives work or something can be done.
Thanx a lot.

birdface 12:00 06 Nov 2010

Windows Vienna not sure what it is.
I know that windows7 was supposed to be called Windows Vienna but it is a new one on me.

RGB76 12:52 06 Nov 2010

I have two usb slots on my monitor, and need to have a usb cable attached from the monitor to the system to complete the connection. Not a Printer Cable.

Windows Vienna, I have no idea what that is.

Russell

gengiscant 12:54 06 Nov 2010
  Ian in Northampton 12:55 06 Nov 2010

Windows Vienna was the codename for Windows 7 (and before that it was Black Comb or something). As such, I'd be surprised if it was a) legitimate, and b) bug-free.

bremner 13:14 06 Nov 2010

I think henry2 description of the cable is that it is a USB cable like a printer USB cable ie USB A-B click here

And yes you do have to have it connected for the USB's to work on the monitor

RGB76 13:30 06 Nov 2010

Thanks Bremner, You have explained it a lot better than I did, I should have thought about it before replying to the thread.
Sorry henry2 if my reply came acrossed wrong.

Russell

henry2 15:38 06 Nov 2010

Thanx bremner i think u are the one who has understood me with the cable .i think am ok .
Thanx all of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?