Windows update unable to access

thumbscrew 00:23 24 Jan 2018
Answered

I run Windows 7 and when I try to load Windows Update I get ..."Windows Update system is not running" and advises me to restart, but that doesn't work. It was working until recently, can anyone help please?

Govan1x 07:01 24 Jan 2018

Maybe go to services and scroll down to Windows updates make sure it is set to automatic and is running.

On W10 you can go into Control Panel, Troubleshooting, and click on Windows update.See if that helps.

thumbscrew 09:51 24 Jan 2018
Answer

Thanks Govanix it is on.

Secret-Squirrel 09:58 24 Jan 2018

Thumbscrew, head over to Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> "Fix problems with Windows Update" link. Hopefully the troubleshooter will diagnose and fix your problem.

thumbscrew 10:26 24 Jan 2018

Many thanks secret-squirrel the Troubleshooter fixed the problem. I don't know why it happened as I haven't touched anything since the last download, but it's back on now.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple