Windows update help needed

tonyx1302 17:46 15 Jan 2006

I have d/loaded ' Security update for Outlook 2003 KB892843( 1 of 1 )' from the Windows Auto Update but I cannot get it to install on my pc. Every time it starts to install okay then stops and tells me 'the following download was not installed. I have tried installing through the turn off mode etc but not successful. My machine keeps telling me that I have a d/load awaiting installation. How can I please...a/install the d/load or... b/get rid of it as it becoming very annoying by continually telling to install the prog ?
XP Home with SP2

Many thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 18:13 15 Jan 2006

^ Bump ^

Now the Footie has finished on Sky, hopefully someone can help please!

With thanks

Tony (an Arsenal fan)

tonyx1302 19:16 15 Jan 2006

Thanks PCBilbo. Just tried your suggestion but not succesful as it tells me that a newer update has been d/loaded and should be installed

Tony

tonyx1302 10:45 16 Jan 2006

Hi PC Bilbo. I have just checked and I haven't installed the Multi. ling u/date but for some unknown reason my pc has d/loaded the patch KB892843 for it.

I have done as you suggest but it confirms the above but I still have the update awaiting to be installed and get keep getting reminders !

Any thoughts on how I delete the unneeded and wanted patch please.

Tony

tonyx1302 11:30 16 Jan 2006

Sorry rsinbad cannot do that as it's not installed yet so does not appear in Add/Rem. The update icon is just sitting in my Start task bar telling me it's awaiting installation and continually reminding me!!!

Tony

tonyx1302 12:18 16 Jan 2006

Hi rsbad. When I left click the shield I get an 'Automatic Update' menu asking how I want to install the update, Express or Custom. I have tried both, many times, but neither install the patch and I cannot delete it either.

Thanks for help

Tony

tonyx1302 14:37 16 Jan 2006

Many thanks rsinbad. I did as per your first suggestion and turned off auto ups and then re-booted and it has gone. I have now set my auto notification'to notify me but don't d/load or install' etc so hopefully it won't happen again.

As I don't have the Multi Ling download that this patch relates to there will be no need to manually d/load the patch or do a restore.

Thanks again rsinbad for all your help.

Tony

tonyx1302 15:43 16 Jan 2006

Just done that and it worked so successfully hidden the hidden the patch. Thanks rsinbad will post this reply and then green tick

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)