WINDOWS NOT STARTING UP URGENT HELP

coolkishan 17:52 29 Jul 2005

Everytime i turn on the computer it loads and gets up to the windows loading screen but then that annoying blue screen comes up. IM running windows xp and this has happend befoe but i just restart it and its fine but this time its not going anyone got any ideas of how to fix this?

[email protected] 18:03 29 Jul 2005

Have you tried booting in safe mode? [switch on PC and tap F12]. If you can boot into safe mode, do an SFC while there. If and when you get up and running, make yourself an emergency boot floppy. XP will tell you how. Good luck.

User-312386 18:30 29 Jul 2005

Tap F8 and see if you can get to the options screen to start in safe mode

coolkishan 18:38 29 Jul 2005

the same things happens when i try to load safe mode is there any other way to fix it?

p.s.
thanks for the quick responses

VoG II 18:41 29 Jul 2005

Repair click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 29 Jul 2005

Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

REpair XP
click here

coolkishan 18:52 29 Jul 2005

Thanks alot for your help

coolkishan 19:09 29 Jul 2005

Sorry to bother you but i clicked resolve on the windws loading problem but after it restarted the same error message came up again. Any more ideas on what to do? This is exactly what the message says:
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Techical information
***Stop:0x0000007b(0xf7bdf63c,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Kishan

VoG II 19:12 29 Jul 2005
  coolkishan 19:17 29 Jul 2005

THANKS HOPEFULLY IT WILL WORK IF NOT IM JUST GOING TO RING DELL(I HATE THEM!!:[email protected]) AND THEN HOPFULLY THEY WILL REPLACE IT. WE ARE UNDER WARRANTY.
ANYWAY REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP IN BOTH POSTS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?