Windows Media problems.

Stowit 18:39 15 May 2004

I can't seem to play audio files with my media player (other than Beck demo) since trying to upgrade to the latest version (9). I've tried upgrading again & get the following error message when running th setup: The MSACM32.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtClose. It won't let me upgrade. The 2 things may not be connected, but commensense suggests they are. Any suggestions how to proceed?

VoG II 18:45 15 May 2004

Does this help click here=

Wes Tam ;-) 18:48 15 May 2004

A similar problem click here= would indicate your dll has been overridden

Wes Tam ;-) 18:49 15 May 2004

VoG™ could you give me some quick typing lessons please? :o)

Stowit 18:56 15 May 2004

I'm probably speaking too soon.... But it seems to be the nub of the issue. I now just have to read & understand what I'm doing to execute the repair! Thanks for the help chaps, I'll post how I go on when I've tried the suggestion. As I say many thanks Stuart.

Stowit 19:10 15 May 2004

Indeed I was! Can anyone give me idiot advice on how to extract/install this file from my windows CD? I can't even find it! Found it on my PC though, & it seems as old as my windows. I'm running ME by-the-way.

VoG II 19:13 15 May 2004
  Stowit 19:36 15 May 2004

You chaps should be on premium rate. Yet again I have aural pleasure!! - As well as the very tactile relationship with my Pc's keyboard. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?