Windows Media Playlist Query

gippingman 18:21 17 Jan 2013

I have a playlist set up using windows media player (WMP) 12 - I have it set up so that I drag and drop the newest (date/year wise) track at the top of the playlist. It then plays (in WMP) in the same order as the playlist. The problem is when I try to stream it wirelessly to a Roberts Colourstream device. The Roberts Colourstream sees the playlist but sees the tracks in alphabetical track name order - it appears that it is seeing this from another part of Windows as follows - Computer\User\Playlists\All Playlists\Doobs12 - this path/folder has the tracks stored in alphabetical track name order - it appears that WMP has the tracks in the order I want, but Windows has it in another - I have tried to rearrange the order of the above path/folder using the sort by and group by functions but it still retains them in alphabetical track name order - is there any way of forcing windows to store the tracks in the same order as WMP? - Advice appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts