windows live messenger

pat2068 00:53 14 Feb 2008

could anyone please tell me how to remove windows live messenger completely has the one i have keeps disconecting i have removing it from add and remove but when i instal it again i have the same problem thanks leo

birdface 09:09 14 Feb 2008

Once removed from add remove run C Cleaner.Then try installing again.click here

pat2068 19:16 14 Feb 2008

i have already done that and it dident work it saying my host file is the problem but i only windows hosts thank leo

pat2068 20:15 14 Feb 2008

bump

GBL 20:56 14 Feb 2008

ages ago I downloaded a little program that removes messenger from the system in a couple of seconds flat. If you want it send me your email and I will forward it to you as I can't remember where I got it from, I think it was Computer Active.

GBL 20:57 14 Feb 2008

ages ago I downloaded a little program that removes messenger from the system in a couple of seconds flat. If you want it send me your email and I will forward it to you as I can't remember where I got it from, I think it was Computer Active.

GBL 20:58 14 Feb 2008

xpmerssgo-remove messenger, is the program.

pat2068 23:16 14 Feb 2008

please can someone help me remove this so i can get it inatalled properly thanks leo

brundle 00:16 15 Feb 2008

Geoffy

You're referring to Windows Messenger 4.7 or 5.1, not quite the same thing as MSN Messenger/Live Messenger. click here

Leo;
"i have removing it from add and remove but when i instal it again"
Your problem is not being unable to remove Messenger properly (I assume you mean you removed it /with/ Add/Remove Programs), the issue is with the connection. Check MTU size, firewall settings, anti-virus Instant Messenger monitoring for a start. Do you get an error number? Are you running Vista, it has a TCP auto-tuning feature that can sometimes prevent messenger working.

Try meebo click here and see if the connection problems persist.

pat2068 00:21 15 Feb 2008

it is windows live messenger i can log on to it but the minute i try to type or anyone tries to type to me my windows live messenger logs off it can do it all night so i cant use it for any thing when i use the the message i get is my hosts files have a messenger hosts file is causing the problem i have tried deleting it but when it logs you on again iithe host file reappears it is driving me daft leo

brundle 00:25 15 Feb 2008

Is it the same thing described in this similar post?

click here

Have you run the troubleshooter?
Tools/Options/Connection Troubleshooter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?