Windows Live Mail not sending messages out

Trikie 20:36 01 Jan 2018

Got this screen when sending e-mails

An unknown error has occurred. Subject ' Repeat prescription for *' (name removed by FE) Server Error: 451 Server Response: 451 Internal queueing error Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6A Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No

Is there anything I can do or is it a glitch that will right itself (as sometimes happens when signing on)

MJS WARLORD 22:15 01 Jan 2018

in settings look for a box that says ender requires authentication and tick it , next send yourself a " test " email to see if you get it , finally if that don't work get mozzilla thunder bird email program.

Trikie 22:29 01 Jan 2018

Thanks, As a very non-techy user where do I find Settings?

MJS WARLORD 22:49 01 Jan 2018

just open up all the tabs until you find the correct one , I not used mail for a long time cos it peed me off.. as far as I can remember it is under send/receive tabs

Secret-Squirrel 09:03 02 Jan 2018

Trikie, the error message indicates that the mail server Windows Live Mail has connected to has reported an internal error. Changing to a different email client won't make any difference and fiddling with WLM's settings will only make things worse.

There have been lots of reports of this problem in the past 48 hours. This problem is almost certainly transient and will resolve when someone gets round to fixing the server. In the meantime, you can use webmail to send messages.

alanrwood 11:31 02 Jan 2018

Hi Tricki

I would strongly advise you against posting any information that contains your name and address even if it is contained in the error message. Just overcopy it with * or something else. I don't think you can actually edit it now so a quick contact to the Forum Editor requesting a change might be worth while.

Trikie 14:41 03 Jan 2018

Secret Squirrell - yes, sorted now alanrwood - thanks - have contacted the Forum Editor and will bear this in mind for the future.

Once again PC Advisor forum to my rescue.

Forum Editor 16:38 03 Jan 2018

As you can see, I have removed your name from the server error message.

451 'internal queuing error' messages are nothing to do with a problem at your end, so please don't act on recommendations that you use a different mail client, or fiddle with any settings. The error usually rights itself after a short while.

Forum Editor 16:40 03 Jan 2018

I just saw Secret-Squirrel's earlier post saying much the same thing - apologies for advice in stereo!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)